CBD is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found in the Cannabis sativa plant. Over the last several years, it has become a popular botanical compound for people seeking relief from anxiety, muscle pain, and other wellness issues.
However, CBD oil isn’t just for humans. CBD oil can be used to help animals address various behavioral and health problems. CBD oil for pets can help your dog, cat, or other furry friends calm anxiety, reduce pain and maintain healthy digestion. Explore the basics of CBD for pets and discover the top four brands from NaiaCBD.
Benefits of CBD Oil For Dogs
With regular use of CBD oil, you can help your pet manage a range of health conditions. General benefits of high-quality CBD oil for pets anxious pet include:
- Inflammation reduction
- Minimization of seizures
- Reduction of pain and bodily discomfort
- Gastrointestinal aid
- Calms anxiety and nervousness
- Supports the nervous system
- Helps with sleep and appetite issues
A 2018 study printed in Frontiers of Veterinary Science found that dogs with osteoarthritis receiving 2 mg of CBD twice a day showed a decrease in pain and increased activity levels.
A separate 2020 study of 32 dogs with chronic pain found that full-spectrum CBD oil helped 30 of the dogs show reduced pain and increased activity. It also noted that 22 out of 23 dogs who took gabapentin during the study were able to discontinue or reduce their gabapentin dosage by the end of 90 days.
Is CBD Safe for My Pet?
While research into CBD products for pets is ongoing, there is currently no evidence that CBD is harmful to pets like dogs and cats. Organizations like the Anti-Cruelty Society report that CBD is safe for cats and dogs.
PetMD also asserts that CBD is safe for cats and dogs; however, there may be a few considerations to keep in mind about your pet’s health when using CBD.
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase (ALP). Some studies show elevated ALP in dogs taking CBD at normal doses; however, whether this is a medically significant finding is inconclusive.
- High doses. Large doses of CBD may cause sleepiness in your dog but have not been shown to be toxic. PetMD recommends between 1 and 2 mg of CBD twice daily for most pets.
- THC toxicity. THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid found in some full and broad spectrum CBD products, can cause THC toxicity in dogs. While THC toxicity is rare and is typically not life-threatening, you should avoid giving your pet CBD products that contain THC.
While there don’t seem to be adverse effects of CBD on pets, it’s always a good idea to consult with your veterinarian before giving it to your pet. Additionally, cats may have different biochemical processes than dogs regarding CBD absorption. Work with your vet to determine the correct dosage for your pet.
How to Choose the Right CBD for Your Pet
CBD products differ in potency, ingredients, and other phytochemicals, so it’s vital to understand each element to ensure you get your pet a product that fits their needs.
To find the right CBD product for your pet or while buying CBD oil for pets online, consider the following factors:
Always check the source of your CBD when choosing a product for your pet. Our for products that use CBD from hemp farms that use sustainable practices, avoid pesticides or other harmful chemicals, and abide by government guidelines for growing hemp.
Consider other extracts included in the CBD product. Avoid extracts that may be harmful to your pet, such as essential oils or other compounds, like xylitol, avocado oil, and alcohol.
Isolate refers to CBD in pure crystalline form and ensures no THC is in the product. Isolate products are preferable for most pets to avoid introducing THC into their system.
While potency is highly variable based on your dog or cat’s body’s reaction, opt for CBD products with high-quality CBD oil for the most potency and bioavailability.
Choose independently lab-tested products by a third-party to ensure no unwanted chemicals or additives are present. Naia CBD offers CBD pet products that are third-party tested to ensure purity and potency.
Broad vs. Full Spectrum
Understand whether your product is broad or full spectrum and how that may affect your pet. Broad spectrum contains beneficial compounds and terpenes found in the hemp plant, minus THC. Full spectrum may contain up to .03% of THC, making it potentially harmful for your pet.
Consider the size of the product you are purchasing. Think about how long a tincture may last. For example, a 1 oz. tincture bottle can offer 30 1 mL servings, while a .5 oz. bottle provides half of that.
CBD products vary; however, most cost between $35 and $80 per 1 to 2 oz. bottle. If you come across cheaper products, they may not be as high quality as those priced a little higher.
Consider the brand when buying CBD for your pet. Opt for a trusted, recognized brand that specializes in pet CBD. For example, Bailey’s and Penelope’s Bloom offer many effective, safe CBD chews and tinctures for cats and dogs.
Where to Buy CBD Oil for Pets Near Me?
When buying CBD oil for your furry friend, opt for a trusted retailer that sells quality CBD products. NaiaCBD is a reliable CBD boutique located in California. We partner with trusted CBD manufacturers that implement strict quality standards for their products.
At Naia CBD, our top pet brands include MedTerra, Sow Eden, Bailey’s, and Penelope’s Bloom. We have 1000mg CBD oil for pets or 250mg CBD oil for pets and many more!
- MedTerra’s products feature an isolated formula, making the tinctures and chews safe for dogs and cats.
- Sow Eden’s pet tincture is safe for all animals and is a broad spectrum formula.
- Bailey’s offers full spectrum products for pets. Bailey’s is vet-approved, and its tincture is safe for all pets.
- Penelope’s Bloom offers a line of full spectrum CBD products made for pets, including Joint + Mobility Pet Chews that help your pet move more easily.
The following are the top CBD oils and tinctures offered by NaiaCBD for both cats and dogs:
Top CBD Oil for Dogs
Top CBD Oil for Cats
- Bailey’s Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- MedTerra Pet CBD Oil Tincture Chicken
- Med Terra Pet CBD Oil Tincture Beef
Shop NaiaCBD for High-Quality Pet CBD Products
If you’re looking for CBD products to help your cat or dog reduce pain, manage anxiety, or improve their general well-being, shop Naia CBD. We carry a large selection of pet and CBD products to meet your pet’s wellness needs. Browse by brand, effect, or product type to find the one that addresses your pet’s issues.